wnDirect Limited ("wnDirect", “we” or "us") is an international logistics company, providing parcel delivery services around the world for our retailer clients and their customers (“you” or “your”). wnDirect is strongly committed to maintaining data privacy to the highest standards when personal data is passed to us for processing by our clients to get their parcels to their customers globally, or when we ourselves collect the personal data of individuals.
wnDirect operates as both a Data Controller and Data Processor: we are a controller in respect of individuals interacting with our business such as website visitors, customers, suppliers and prospective customers and suppliers who sign up with us to receive marketing information and with our employees where we collect and process personal data in line with our employment relationship; wnDirect is also the processor in respect of our own data and that of our clients’ customers whose data we receive from our clients to perform our delivery services.
What information do we collect?
We may require some or all of the following information in order to provide our delivery services and ensure we have everything necessary to clear parcels through customs into their destination countries and get them to their end-recipient:
- Name, address and contact details of sender;
- Name, address and contact details (eg phone number, email address) of recipient or amended details where the recipient has requested us to deliver to an alternate address;
- Associated parcel and delivery information (e.g. signature of recipient);
- Passport or other ID details (including number and issue date, and images of certain IDs) or tax identification numbers for customs mandated requirements in certain jurisdictions.
Some or all of this information may be requested from you directly through our secure wnDuty or wnReturns Portal services or it may be passed to us by the retailer from whom you have bought your goods as they organize the delivery of these goods to you (but in each case will be personal data that you have provided or consented to share for this purpose). We may combine the personal information that you provide to us with information about your parcel/package (including reference number(s), shipping information and delivery confirmation (e.g. time/date stamp and signature of recipient)). Altogether this information is 'personal data'.
Where you are a retailer passing us the personal data of your customers for us to help deliver their parcels to them, you confirm that you have sufficient legal grounds for collecting and sharing such personal data with us for the purposes envisaged by your customers and us in performing the delivery services and that you process, have processed and will process the personal data that is shared with us in compliance with GDPR and all other similar applicable national laws in relation to data privacy and security.
If we do not receive all of the personal data that we request as necessary to provide our delivery services, we may not be able to fully provide these services to you to get the parcels to their final destination. It is also your duty to ensure, whether you are a retailer or otherwise, that you do not upload, input or disclose to us any unnecessary or irrelevant personal data about individuals that we are not required to hold to perform our delivery services.
Information collected for marketing purposes
If you have opted in to receive marketing information we would have collected your details when you:
- registered through the online forms on our website or landing pages
- took part in promotions, competitions, customer surveys and questionnaires.
- started working with us and completed our implementation pack
If you agree and have opted in, we may contact you through the details you have provided:
- with offers and information about wnDirect products or services
- for customer research e.g. to help improve our services
If you change your mind, you have the option to opt out of receiving any marketing information from us at any time by contacting email@example.com or by clicking the unsubscribe button found at the bottom of any of the marketing information you receive from us. Once you do this we will ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages from us. However please allow for our systems to be updated after you unsubscribe or send us an email opting out – you may still receive marketing information for a few more days after making your request.
Stopping marketing messages will not however stop service communications where we are also managing the delivery of a parcel to you.
1) Site functionality cookies – these cookies allow you to navigate the site and use our website features
2) Site analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our website visitors use the site, to improve both its functionality and your browsing experience.
3) Customer preference cookies – when you are browsing our site, these cookies will remember your preferences (like your language or location), so we can make your experience as seamless as possible, and more personal to you.
By using our site wndirect.com, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, the “help” section in your browser should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Further information about cookies can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-pecr/cookies-and-similar-technologies/.
Please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our site.
What do we do with personal data?
wnDirect respects the privacy rights of every person for whom we process and hold data in the performance of our services and we use best industry practices to ensure that the data privacy and security in our systems and processes is of the highest standards in order to protect personal data.
While we hold and process your personal data, we will do our best to keep it safe and secure. wnDirect maintains and requires each of its subcontracted partners to maintain appropriate physical, technical and organizational measures to protect personal data in their or our possession from any data breach, ie any accidental, unauthorized or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure or access.
- wnDirect uses personal data to fulfil our parcel delivery services, which includes complying with local customs and import / export requirements. We share personal data with third parties, including our subcontractor freight and delivery partners and clearance agents and customs and other local export and import authorities, for the purposes of fulfilling our parcel delivery services. Such third parties may be situated outside the EEA where the routing or final destination of the parcel delivery is located outside of the EEA. Whenever we transfer personal information to countries outside the European Economic Area we will ensure that appropriate security and technical measures are taken. Where personal data is transferred to such third parties outside the EEA that are located in countries in respect of which there is no European Commission decision of adequacy regarding the protection of personal data, we protect your privacy and rights through the use of standard data protection contractual clauses that have been approved by the European Commission.
- We or our subcontracted partners may send you service messages and notifications by text or email with delivery updates and use geodata so that you know when your parcel will arrive. We may also use your personal details such as email address, instant chat ID or social media handle to provide customer service and support when you request it, although we will run through a series of security questions with you first to ensure that we are speaking to you.
- We also keep records of service information after we have performed our delivery services (about the sender and recipient and including information about the delivery) for accounting, legal or regulatory audit purposes and customer service purposes (where such data is useful to enhance and improve our services). We only keep this information in our archives for as long as it is required for these purposes and we ensure it is stored with the highest levels of security and to the minimum extent necessary for this time, including anonymizing the data where this is appropriate before it is archived.
- In addition, we may disclose personal data:
- to a prospective purchaser or seller (if we buy or sell any business or assets);
- if wnDirect or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party (in which case the personal data associated with the provision of wnDirect services may be one of the transferred assets); or
- if we are under a duty to do so, including where required to:
- comply with any legal or regulatory obligation;
- enforce our Terms or any other agreements to which wnDirect is a party or resolve disputes; or
- protect the rights, property or safety of wnDirect, its customers or others.
Where we have your consent to do so, we may also continue to store and use any ID documentation required as a mandatory requirement by the customs and regulatory import bodies in your country to import goods on your behalf into that country, until such time that you withdraw consent or the documentation expires, so that we can provide you a more seamless delivery service going forwards and you don’t need to upload your ID and other details each time we coordinate a delivery of goods to you. You may withdraw your consent for us to continue holding and using your data at any time.
- We may provide third parties, were we are authorized to do so, with aggregated but anonymized information and analytics about our services but where we do this we will always ensure that it does not identify you.
- As described above where you have opted in to receive marketing information from us, we will use the personal data you shared to send you updates and information on wnDirect and its services, until such time that you let us know you no longer wish to receive our communications.
Disclosing your information
If we hold your information for the purposes of delivering a parcel to you, we will only use that information to provide this service or in the instances explained above.
If we have your information for marketing purposes we will never disclose your information to anyone outside wnDirect, except where we have your consent; where we are required or permitted to do so by law; to other companies who provide a service to us; or any successors in title to our business.
wnDirect endeavours to appropriately protect the personal data that it holds and processes, including encryption where appropriate. Where you provide personal data to us electronically (eg over email), please be aware that it is not completely secure and any such transmission is at your own risk. However, when you upload your personal details onto one of the wnDirect systems such as wnDuty or wnReturns Portal, we will ensure that the systems operate to enable a secure transmission.
wnDirect.com may contain links to third-party websites, which are outside of our control. If you access any website via a link from wnDirect.com, please be aware that those websites are subject to their own privacy policies and practices, which you should review before providing any personal data to them. wnDirect is not responsible for how those third-party websites use your personal data.
GDPR offers individuals certain rights in respect of their personal data, including the right to be informed about how your personal data is used and to access the personal data we hold about you, the right to request a correction of inaccurate personal data or to request a deletion of your personal data, that we stop processing it or to withdraw your consent to any consent based processing, or to request that we transfer or port your personal data to yourself or another service provider where this is applicable. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details below. However please be aware that should you exercise certain of these rights it may mean that we are unable to continue to provide you with the delivery services that are in process at that time. You also have the right to complain to your data protection regulator - in the UK this is the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you have any further questions about how wnDirect handles the personal data that you provide to us or if you wish to exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data as listed above, please click here for our email address.
This email address is for data enquiries only; any parcel queries sent to this address will not be answered. If you have an issue with your parcel, please speak to the retailer that you made the purchase from or complete our parcel query form found here.