wnDirect Limited ("wnDirect" or "us") is an international logistics company, providing parcel delivery services around the world.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, wnDirect is the data controller of the information that it processes for the purposes of providing its services.
What information do we collect?
We may require some or all of the following information in order to provide our services:
- Name, address and contact details of sender;
- Name, address and contact details of recipient;
- Associated parcel and delivery information (e.g. signature of recipient);
- Passport details (including number and issue date) for Russia; and
- Customs-mandated information, including:
- National ID card details (number, issue date and front and rear images) for deliveries into China; and
- CFP/Tax number for deliveries into Brazil.
We may combine the personal information that you provide to us with information about your parcel/package (including reference number(s), shipping information and delivery confirmation (e.g. time/date stamp and signature of recipient)).
Altogether this information is 'personal data'.
Information collected for marketing purposes
If you have opted in to receive marketing information we would have collected your details when you:
- registered through our online forms on our website or landing pages
- took part in promotions, competitions, customer surveys and questionnaires
What do we do with personal data?
wnDirect uses personal data to fulfil our parcel delivery services, which includes complying with local customs and import / export requirements.
We may also keep records of service information (about the sender and recipient and including information about the delivery) for accounting and customer service purposes.
We may share personal data with third parties, including our service providers and customs and other local authorities, for these purposes.
In addition, we may disclose personal data:
- to a prospective purchaser or seller (if we buy or sell any business or assets);
- if wnDirect or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party (in which case the personal data associated with the provision of wnDirect services may be one of the transferred assets); or
- if we are under a duty to do so, including where required to:
- comply with any legal obligation;
- enforce our Terms or any other agreements to which wnDirect is a party; or
- protect the rights, property or safety of wnDirect, its customers or others.
We may transfer and/or store your personal data outside of the EEA:
- as necessary for the provision of our services (e.g. where there recipient is located outside of the European Economic Area); and
- to our service providers based in the United States.
Marketing and research
If you agree, we may contact you:
- with offers and information about wnDirect products or services
- for customer research e.g. to help improve our services
Of course, the choice is entirely yours, but if you say you do not want to receive marketing information from us this will prevent you from receiving information, offers or promotions that may be of interest to you. If you no longer wish to receive our marketing information, you can select unsubscribe from one of our emails, or email email@example.com.
We like to hear your views to help us improve our service. From time to time, we may contact you to ask your opinions. Again, if you do not want to be contacted for this purpose, make your choice on the "Contact Preferences" page.
Disclosing your information
If we have your information for marketing purposes we will never disclose your information to anyone outside wnDirect, except where we have your consent; where we are required or permitted to do so by law; to other companies who provide a service to us; or any successors in title to our business.
Whenever we transfer personal information to countries outside the European Economic Area we will ensure that appropriate security measures are taken.
wnDirect endeavours to appropriately protect the personal data that it holds, including encryption where appropriate. Where you provide personal data to us electronically, please be aware that it is not completely secure and any such transmission is at your own risk.
wnDirect.com may contain links to third party websites, which are outside of our control. If you access any website via a link from wnDirect.com, please be aware that those websites are subject to their own privacy policies and practices, which you should review before providing any personal data to them. wnDirect is not responsible for how those third party websites use your personal data.
The Data Protection Act 1998 offers individuals certain rights in respect of their personal data. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details below.
If you have any questions about how wnDirect handles the personal data that you provide to us, please contact us at: dataenquiries@wnDirect.com