Each country has its own set of rules and regulations when it comes to imports and exports. Some have ID requirements, and some have higher duty thresholds than others. Therefore each country that you ship to needs to be managed individually.
Sending items without duty can cause loss and non-delivery both of which carry significant price tags. Leaving the calculation of duty to the last-minute results can put consumers off at checkout or coming back to re-purchase. So what's the answer?
We can help you to deliver parcels to countries all over the world by managing the different customs processes for you. We have a paperless customs delivery process, which means your shipments are pre-cleared before they arrive in-country. We have delivered duty paid and unpaid (DDP & DDU) solutions and can capture ID of consumers through our portal.
wnDirect's ID and Duty Management solution - how does it work?
- An order is placed through the wnDirect system
- Our broker calculates and applies duty and taxes to the specific order and confirms any other local requirements such as proof of ID
- The customer automatically receives an email alerting them to the customs process
- The email also prompts agreement to use the customer's personal information for custom's clearance and upload of ID. It advises them of the amount of local duty payable and links to a secure payment facility using PayPal or a major credit card.
- Full real-time visibility of all orders
- Quickly see which orders are awaiting customer action or customs approval
- wnDirect's paperless system pre-advises the local customs office once items are in transit - reducing the potential for delays once goods have landed
- Goods can be held whilst ID upload and duty payment is completed. Therefore if the customer fails to do this there are no returns to be managed.